Monday, April 21, 2008
Blogging as a frontier
I have never owned a blog. Or a diary. I believe such an exercise would have at least informed my writing style. Since I am moving to a foreign country where I speak remedially (I imagine the way I speak Japanese akin to a person transported to Indiana who speaks Old English--"Hliste se þe wille!" "Uh...the post office is that way?") and since I spent my last sojourn there not realizing my nickname amounted to 'white foreigner,' I decided that a blog was my best means of expression. So. How to write a blog? Sometimes, in an effort to understand the medium, I click on the button above that says Next Blog, and, if you have made it this far without furiously pressing that button, I must assume that you are a family member. A family member who likes me. And can stand the sound of my voice in your head during this narrative. To which I say; hey. Probably: hey mom. What I have seen so far by pressing that button has not been inspirational, I must say. The last couple clicks got me a blog with one entry entitled 'Our Wedding Day' written by a woman whose formatting made it look like she was marrying in the name of The Dark Lord and a blog in Spanish that I could not discern but did include a drawing of a girl/boy who was masturbating as her/his jism was turning into a broken heart and the cross. This really didn't help me. So, I apologize if this begins a little rough. I can always add in photoshopped pictures of me furiously masturbating up religious symbols later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment